Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Topic 1.4 Health (submission for discussion board


Author: Tim Holland
Date: Monday, September 20, 2010 5:49:48 PM WST
Subject: Eysenbach reading

Please post any comments on the Eysenbach et al readings here.

Thanks

Tim

I am interested in the privacy aspect of posting personal medical information on line, Eysenbach broached the subject stating that it was a complex issue, ephemeral as any web based information is permanently archived and as such anyone even future employers could possibly access personal past health problems. I find this disconcerting. I have worked in a health based facility and as such had access to others health records as we were linked to all doctors within the state. Even though there are strict non disclosure agreements that have to be signed upon entering employment, what if this is breached by others? With the increased occurrence of hacking of systems how safe are our health records now. How safe were our health records in the first place. I don't particularly want anyone to be able to view my health data unless it's either my-self or my respective doctor.

No comments: